REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRM SELECTION)
NAME OF PROJECT: CITYWIDE INCLUSIVE SANITATION (CWIS) GRANT
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTING FIRM – MAPPING OF ONSITE SANITATION FACILITIES IN TWO (2) SELECTED UTILITIES
CONTRACT NO: WASREB/TND/03/2022-2023
To enhance the adoption of Citywide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS), the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB), has received support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) through ESAWAS. The Board intends to utilize part of the support to undertake mapping of onsite sanitation facilities in the service areas of two (2) selected Water Service Providers. The Board therefore wishes to procure services of a qualified consulting firm to for Mapping of Onsite Sanitation Facilities in two (2) selected water service providers namely Nakuru and Malindi.
- In line with WASREB’s mandate, the objective of this assignment is to enhance regulation of onsite sanitation through adoption of Citywide Inclusive Sanitation framework. In addition to this, collate and integrate onsite sanitation data into Majidata.
- The specific objectives of the assignment are: (i) To map all onsite sanitation facilities affiliated to Nakuru and Malindi water companies (ii) To integrate the data into Majidata database.
- Duration of the assignment is 3 Months.
- Water Services Regulatory Board now invites eligible firms “Consultants” to express their interest (EOI) in providing these services. Interested Consulting firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant comprehensive experience to perform the Services.
- The desired consultant must be in possession of the following qualifications and experience: –
- (i) The firm should have at least 5 years’ experience in collection and automation of data collection systems with thorough knowledge of georeferenced data inputs
- (ii) Must have successfully undertaken at least one (1) mapping assignment in the last three years using modern GIS data capture tools
- (iii) Must demonstrate to have qualified and experienced expertise in GIS Information Management, and Mapping
- (iv) Good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style
- (v) Ability to plan work and manage social dynamics
- (vi) Ability to understand, analyze and respond to user needs
- (vii) Demonstrate expert knowledge of modern web-based data collection techniques
- (viii) Strong knowledge of the field of expertise with good analytical skills and ability to manage complexities.
- Consultants may associate to enhance their bid.
- Interested Consultants may obtain further necessary information at the address below during office hours between 0900 to 1600 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
- The expressions of interest in written form must be delivered in person, or by mail to the address below so as to reach by 7th February, 2023 at 11:00am. EOI may also be deposited in the Tender Box on 5th Floor, NHIF Building and must be clearly marked: “CONTRACT No: WASREB/TND/03/2022-2023 for CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR MAPPING OF ONSITE SANITATION FACILITIES IN TWO (2) SELECTED UTILITIES” addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Water Services Regulatory Board
P.O. Box 41621-00100, Nairobi
5th Floor, NHIF Building, Tel: +254 (0) 202733561