Under powers granted by section 74, 85 and 86 of the Water Act 2016, Wasreb invites comments on applications of licence for water supply and sewerage services for:
- Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company, a company wholly owned by the County Government of Nairobi
- Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company, a company wholly owned by the County Government of Nyeri
- Naivasha Water Sewerage and Sanitation Company, a company wholly owned by the County Government of Nakuru
- Embu Water and Sanitation Company, a company wholly owned by the County Government of Embu
- Kakamega Water and Sanitation Company, a company wholly owned by the County Government of Kakamega
The purpose of licensing is to ensure consumers are protected in respect to:
- The Quality of water services and sewerage services provided by a Water Service Provider (WSP)
- The health and safety of consumers
- Economic interests of the public -tariffs paid by consumers for the service should be affordable and sustainable
- The progressive realization of water services to persons who are currently not served
- Accountability and participation – The public has a right to participate in decisions that affect them. Information provided by a WSP should enable consumers gain full benefit of the services.
Relevant information on each of the applications can be accessed at the Wasreb website on the following links:
Comments on the application shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or send in hard copy to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Water Services Regulatory Board
5th Floor NHIF Building
P.O Box 41621 -00100
The closing date for receipt of comments is 30 days after the publication of this notice.
A public meeting shall be held on dates to be communicated by respective WSPs, jointly with Wasreb, at venues within the service area of each of the WSPs.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
WATER SERVICES REGULATORY BOARD