Purpose of the Clustering Guideline
In order to secure commercially viable Water Service Providers, clustering shall be restricted to urban Water Service Providers as specified by Wasreb. Rural and communal water supply systems have to be managed independently by the respective County department in charge of water and sanitation.
The purpose of this guideline is to:
- Promote clustering of urban Water Service Providers to increase effective and efficient provision of water services
- Create awareness among the County Governments, Water Service Providers, any other water sector institutions and the public for the need of clustering of urban water service providers
- Ensure that County Governments and Water Service Providers follow a systematic way toward a viable clustered urban Water Service Provider
- Provide guidance in the process of clustering urban water service providers
- Define the roles and responsibilities of all involved parties